For those wanting to car pool, meet opposite Safeway Thurgoona carpark Thurgoona Drive at 8.15am, otherwise meet at entrance of Bowna Reserve Old Sydney Road at 8.30am. We leave the cars there and walk up to the boatramp on the road, and then onto the foreshore. We walk around as far as we practically can and return to stop at the boatramp for a coffee. After this we then return to the cars via the foreshore.
Driving the cars back to the bbq area and amenaties, those who wish to, have a swim and bbq lunch. We will utilise the Clubs bbq tools etc, but please bring your own meat and a salad to share, plate and cutlery. I shall have my car fridge available in case the weather is very hot. (square takeaway size containers are the best fit)
If anyone just wants to do the swim and bbq, please advise of this in the registration.
No bushwalking experience required. The track has a hardened or compacted surface that may have a gentle hill section or sections and occasional steps.
What To Bring Day Walking
- Current Medical Information Form - LOGIN FIRST and then it can be FOUND ON THE WEBSITE HERE
- Water - up to 2 litres recommended for a full day walk
- Gloves and hat
- Sufficient food bearing in mind the distance and duration of the event
- Suitable clothing and footwear - note denim pants are uncomfortable
- Wet weather waterproofs, jacket and pants
- Walking poles
- Basic first aid kit including your specific medication eg asthma applicator
- Torch or headlamp for contingencies