Meeting 6.45 am at Bunnings Wodonga. Back wall near KFC.
I can take 2 person in my Car, I will then pick up Don in Yack.
It would be good if everyone else can go in one car. Share the petrol cost.
This is a loop around Mt Dunn. The walk will take us along the Long Plain Track bevor we summit Mt Dunn via metal Ladders. Don't worry they are securely bolted into the rock. From there we continue on to the rocky creek track, then the giant Causeway past Stanley Rocks and back on to the long plain track. We would have an option to extend the walk for 4 km to Eagle Point , the other option is bring the swimming togs and go for a swim after the walk.
What to bring!
Snacks, Lunch, Water
- Current Medical Information Form - LOGIN FIRST and then it can be FOUND ON THE WEBSITE HERE
- Water - up to 2 litres recommended for a full day walk
- Gloves and hat
- Sufficient food bearing in mind the distance and duration of the event
- Suitable clothing and footwear - note denim pants are uncomfortable
- Wet weather waterproofs, jacket and pants
- Walking poles
- Basic first aid kit including your specific medication eg asthma applicator
- Torch or headlamp for contingencies
Suitable for most ages and fitness levels. Some bushwalking experience recommended. Track may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and many steps.