Queenstown and Arrowtown Daily walks over 6 Days
Dept 18th February 2024 - Melbourne
People will need to organise airfares, accommodation.
Bee card will be used to get to 5 of the hikes. Bee card is used on the local bus/water ferry
Each walk ranges from grade 3 to 4, some walks will have toilets and cafes to stop at.
Walks range from 4hrs to 8-10hrs
Highest walk- Ben Lomond 1748m
I've decided not to cap the numbers on this event.
A PLB will be hired for the week
I'm happy if you wish to miss a day, for your own free day.
Walk 1. 19th February
Walk might be extended by 5km to get the water ferry back to Queenstown. Morning coffee stop at Cafe.
Afternoon visit to winery
This walk involves a cost for car hire, TBA
If there’s one thing Queenstown folks love it’s a good pub quiz, so if you’re a terrific trivia buff you’ll be in hot demand. Here’s a line-up of pub quiz fun times hosted by local hostelries. One night head to pub quiz
What To Bring for Day Walking
- Current Medical Information Form - LOGIN FIRST and then it can be FOUND ON THE WEBSITE HERE
- Water - up to 2 litres recommended for a full day walk
- Gloves and hat
- Sufficient food bearing in mind the distance and duration of the event
- Suitable clothing and footwear - note denim pants are uncomfortable
- Wet weather waterproofs, jacket and pants
- Walking poles
- Basic first aid kit including your specific medication eg asthma applicator
- Torch or headlamp for contingencies