Please abide by any NSW or Vic COVID-19 health requirements. This will be a car pooling and car shuffling event.
Meet at the Kinross Woolshed at 8.30am. Today's event will start with a 20km drive from Kinross Woolshed to Bowna Road. This involves a 4km drive of pt3 of Albury's Hume & Hovell track; then drive the whole 11km of pt4; then drive the first 4km of pt 5. All of these stages follow the Hume & Hovell track adjacent to local roads and are difficult to walk due to the long grass and closeness to the road in many places.
We will work out car pooling/shuffling arrangements before we all head off from the Kinross Woolshed.
When we get to Plunkett Road off Bowna Road we park the cars, move some cars to the other end and walk a 7 km H&H track that takes us past Pleasure Point and along the lake's edge to Wymah Rd near the Great Aussie Holiday Park.
Toilets only available at the Kinross Woolshed (but not open until 10am) and Thurgoona Plaza.
dogs OK but dog owners please respect the cars of other drivers.
There may be overhanging long grass on the track, so dress appropriately please.
Coffee and cake at Thurgoona.
Any late cancellations please call me on 0456 100 183
No bushwalking experience required. The track has a hardened or compacted surface that may have a gentle hill section or sections and occasional steps.
Suitable for most ages and fitness levels. Some bushwalking experience recommended. Track may have short steep hill sections, a rough surface and many steps.
- Current Medical Information Form FOUND ON THE WEBSITE HERE
- Water - up to 2 litres recommended for a full day walk
- Gloves and hat
- Sufficient food bearing in mind the distance and duration of the event
- Suitable clothing and footwear - note denim pants are uncomfortable
- Wet weather waterproofs, jacket and pants
- Walking poles
- Basic first aid kit including your specific medication eg asthma applicator
- Torch or headlamp for contingencies
Event Gradings - More Info
What To Bring